There are newer employer reviews for VMware

Good Company, good career potential

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Carrigaline (Ireland)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Carrigaline (Ireland)

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent for the industry and the managers I have had were very supportive of my career growth plans. The people on my team are great.

Cons

The hours can be a bit long and they expect you to be willing to work as long and as hard as needed. If you do not work in headquarters your hours will be shifted to their time zone for meetings.

1318 Other Employee Reviews for VMware (View Most Recent)

Great People, Brilliant Technology

I worked at VMware

Pros

Great place to work; rewarding as you are bringing a new technology to the market. It was a great feeling of upsetting competition in its early days. The Channels are very well defined, hence it helps projects the clarity of org distribution channel.

Cons

Not much flexibility to move with new roles to different geographies, which is how most MNCs should work upon to keep the workforce engaged, challenged and exposed. Compensation is not great and workload heavy.

Have a vision and work on communicating more often to your employee. The various regions seem to work in silos.

Interesting technologies, but poor management and processes

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I worked at VMware full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive Pay, Interesting Products, Customers are largely satisfied with VMware

Cons

Frustrating internal processes. Feedback from field ignored. Saturation of core products, and very slow adoption of non-core.

Management completely disconnected from field.

Fix severe problems with sales process and execution. Hire leaders rather than middle managers

There are newer employer reviews for VMware

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!