VMware
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Plenty of opportunity

Director (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsEmployees are given a lot of autonomy. Fast growing company with opportunity to take on assignments with variety. Takes employee feedback seriously and tries to act on it. Customers love VMware.

ConsAlmost impossible to get promoted as they like prefer to hire from outside the company. Employees are loaded and over worked. Middle level managers need better training on how to lead people.

Great for people who life a fast paced environment.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fabulous work life balance. Little to no work on weekends. Great culture. Continues to grow in size so a lot of opportunity… Cons: Hire too many people in management roles outside of the company instead of promoting from within. Limited travel budget… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work. I was respected and appreciated there.

Intern (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

I have been working at VMware as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Mentorship, great pay, a diverse work environment, challenging work. Cons: None that I can think of. Advice to Senior Management: Don't give complete control over other sites' specific infrastructure to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.