VMware
3.4 of 5 1,239 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Great technology but ...

Senior Director (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsVMware has great technology and they have very strong and competent engineers.

ConsLack of documentation - you have to find the right person with the information in their head to understand product/technology internals. They also have a very siloed set of engineering teams (which they are trying to fix). There is a general lack of integration across their product lines (also trying to fix) and the organization can be very political. They also have way to many VP's who are really only operating at the level of project manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to integrate engineering teams across the organization and remove political agendas. Stress the importance of documenting internals so that new staff can get up to speed more rapidly.

VMware is a great place to work

I have been working at VMware

Pros: It is a great place to work. People are extremely… Cons: They hired a lot of people over the last 2-3 years and lot of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Do not join CPD!

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Few exceptional Engineers & Manager(s) (but rest are pathetic &… Cons: -CPD BU Leader's main priority is to develop/promote Beijing Team leaving rest of the Teams (Paloalto, Bangalore, Sophia) to Hell! -No employee retention -Engineers are treated like… Advice to Senior Management: Clean all the slack, specially Managers and Directors. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.