VMware
3.4 of 5 1,237 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

What it takes to be part of the market leader

ProsFast-paced. Part of team that is market leader in Virtualization. Many opportunities to rotate into other positions. Nice Perks. Great gym. Open Snack Bar. Great cafe. Campus is expanding, too.

ConsCutthroat. Folks are competitive and want to get ahead. More competitive than cooperative. You need to stay on top of your game to survive and must have thick skin. Not necessarily a 'con', but must adjust quickly if you are joining from a different environment.

If you enjoy working in a highly political working environment then you will enjoy working at VMware

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice campus; healthy snacks; good benefits Cons: Dysfunctional teams; Lack of support from Sr. Management; Wasted time spent having to justify your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

VMware Review

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Broomfield, CO

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent Place to work, Great Company Cons: Cannot really think of any Cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.