VMware
3.4 of 5 1,238 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Company has grown fast and infrastructure needs to catch up. Lots of smart people.

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsVMware is full of nice, smart people. The average age is not too young, which means people give importance to having a balanced life. The VMware Foundation shows that the company cares about more than just making money. Employees are given five days per year to use volunteering at non-profit organizations.

ConsCompany has grown fast and IT processes are sometimes medieval. Sometimes, things get done only by working around the established processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in IT. It's ridiculous that a company this size has to postpone simple fixes to systems used manage Channel Programs, Customer Support, and other key functions.

Inside Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at VMware full-time

Pros: Coworkers are great, fun crowd, lots of camaraderie. Office cafeteria has lots… Cons: Excessive micro-management with regard to Sales. No stress on product knowledge, nor any care toward actual productivity, but rather the appearance of productivity. Contests and… Advice to Senior Management: Allow reps to use some of their individual skills/talents to manage accounts and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Is a large company

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Emphasizes engineering driven development and new ideas were often innovative… Cons: Large size adds lots of process and may stifle innovation. Is focused on core areas now, so wide range of possibilities explored in the… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more autonomy for innovation No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.