VMware
3.4 of 5 1,155 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Could be great

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSmart people, great technology, good compensation. Not everyone gets a change to work for a company that defines the technology and changes the landscapes.

Consgetting in to big company rut. with big portfolio simple decisions are also getting arduous. Facing classic challenge of big companies to keep talent motivated and on the toes. But surely they will come at top.

Progressive company, great culture and opportunities!

Human Resources Source Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at VMware full-time for less than a year

Pros: The culture is amazing. They want their employees to feel nurtured and appreciated. Look forward to a thorough training process and… Cons: All of your friends will constantly harass you about getting… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to reinforce the cultural atmosphere. It is what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Run away politics

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at VMware full-time

Pros: Renewals are still relatively easy to do but... Cons: Politics, politics, politics! If you're a friend of Carl's, then you might be OK. Otherwise, prepare to… Advice to Senior Management: Pat, take off the blind fold and inspect your direct reports. Muster up some courage and establish… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.