VMware
3.4 of 5 1,237 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

The magic went away.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsStill some good technology, competitive compensation and some very smart co-workers (and some not so smart).

ConsThere is too much middle management that are not good managers (micro managers). No clear direction now that VMware core products have reached saturation. New products are in mature markets or add little value.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees inside the company will soon lose their motivation because it is hard to work with clueless people. There is no real career path outside Palo Alto. Listen (and Act) to employee feedback.

Program Manager

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good managers, good access to resources and learning opportunities. Smart, accessible coworkers that are willing to help you learn… Cons: Management vision a little bit confusing. Restructuring has apparently happened a few too many times. Coworkers generally older - mean age somewhere in the 30s… Advice to Senior Management: Hire younger if possible. Try to keep things steadier and define vision in a clearer way rather than keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall a good place to work but has its ups and downs.

I have been working at VMware

Pros: Growing company with a lot more potential to make an impact… Cons: Career development is not clear, and no real way to… More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.