VMware

www.vmware.com

Program Manager

Program Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGood managers, good access to resources and learning opportunities. Smart, accessible coworkers that are willing to help you learn the industry/tools. Pay is good. Work life balance very good, in my case. Might change from team to team.

ConsManagement vision a little bit confusing. Restructuring has apparently happened a few too many times. Coworkers generally older - mean age somewhere in the 30s if I had to guess. As a younger guy, this is a little awkward.

Socially, people tend to stick with their teams and not branch out. People focused on work, so don't expect lunchtime conversation to go in another direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire younger if possible. Try to keep things steadier and define vision in a clearer way rather than keep talking around it - it sounds like you haven't defined it yet and are just shotgunning words at a page.

Growing tech company

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros: -- Rapidly growing company provides lots of opportunities for growth -- Lots of smart engineers and business people -- Comfortable lifestyle --… Cons: -- No free food; limited snacks and drinks -- Although tons of smart people, rapid growth over the past few years has significantly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great past, stable present, questionable future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: * Salary and benefits in the high percentile of the valley. * Very flexible work hours and work from home policy. Work hard, but go… Cons: * Parking is always challenging, even with the new parking area. * Very slow promotion process, easier to get promoted by leaving. also very minimal pay… Advice to Senior Management: * Define and articulate to employee and new hire VMware's long term strategy to remain relevant in the area of public cloud and SaaS * Build… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!