VMware
3.4 of 5 1,154 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Cutting edge technology that is transforming IT

Product Line Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

ProsTechnology driven yet strategically focused. Large company but still retains a startup vibe/culture. The best campus in the valley, hands down. VMware promotes from within.

ConsWe are not as "sexy" a company as some of our competitors (Google, Amazon, and even Microsoft). As with most enterprise software companies, very long product cycles. Dependencies on the platform and/or other products.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to decouple products from one another while ensuring tight integration between them

Interviewed with VMWare

Interviewed for Work At VMWare (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware as a contractor

Pros: VMWare has a casual, grassroots, committed culture. The energy was positive and lively. The people… Cons: The messages and the audiences that VMWare targeted seemed to be muddled. I suspect… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good benefits, decent job role (MTS- Cloud Automation)

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible, Good benefits, Good package, Favorable work culture Cons: Hierarchy is too much. MTS, MTS3, Sr.MTS, Staff 1, Staff2...… Advice to Senior Management: Product release , once a year too much negligence amidst… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.