VMware
3.4 of 5 1,155 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Cutting edge technology that is transforming IT

Product Line Manager (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

ProsTechnology driven yet strategically focused. Large company but still retains a startup vibe/culture. The best campus in the valley, hands down. VMware promotes from within.

ConsWe are not as "sexy" a company as some of our competitors (Google, Amazon, and even Microsoft). As with most enterprise software companies, very long product cycles. Dependencies on the platform and/or other products.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to decouple products from one another while ensuring tight integration between them

Culture is good

I have been working at VMware

Pros: culture is good, and the salary. No stress Cons: The environment will make you loss your enthusiastic. More

Interviewed with VMWare

Interviewed for Work At VMWare (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware as a contractor

Pros: VMWare has a casual, grassroots, committed culture. The energy was positive and lively. The people… Cons: The messages and the audiences that VMWare targeted seemed to be muddled. I suspect… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.