VMware

www.vmware.com

Excellent company

Pros

Very fast moving, lot of opportunities to move between teams, good commuter benefits and great brand recognition

Cons

Many layers of management within the company

I understand the need to bring in outside talent, but try to not introduce needless layers in management.

Other reviews for VMware

How an established company provides growth and sustainability

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

VMware is a fantastic example of how an established company provides the employee, the partner, and the customer the tools and environment of growth and sustainability. No matter what position a person holds within VMware, respect is a the key element to the company fabric. The goals are understood, which translates into a platform of creativity and a sense of belonging. I couldn't wait to get up in the morning and get to work to be in this environment that VMware provided. I've never felt so productive and successful with any other company.

Cons

The only minus to the company is how hard it is to get promoted. I'm concerned that they maybe losing brain trust because deserved promotions are far and few.

Think long-term regarding budgets which will support long-term growth. I understand a software company needs to follow the fluctuations of hardware companies, but, don't let solid talent and brain trust exit because of short-term goals. These people really don't want to leave VMware.

Great benefits, work-life balance and people but big company means less opportunities to advance

Pros

Great work-life balance, great benefits and love the people I work with.

Cons

Big corporate feel means career advancement can be slow.

There are newer employer reviews for VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!