VMware

www.vmware.com
  www.vmware.com
There are newer employer reviews for VMware

Fantastic place for a long term career

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All VMware offices around the world are similar: Spotless, efficient, and with heathy refreshments always available. The Management team in my department were fantastic. Expect to work hard and be rewarded and recognized for your accomplishments. While I was hired directly into VMware, I worked with a number of people coming in from acquisitions. Those coming onboard through the M&A process can expect a few process bumps, but you will be part of the VMware family on day one. Best path to success for anyone at this company is to be fluid and flexible - never a dull moment at VMware.

Cons

There aren't many. The few issues I ran into are common across all moderately sized companies going through rapid growth and M&A activities.

Keep up the great work. Never settle for anything less than the best engineering talent. With so much M&A, give as much attention, focus, and love to better integration of the entire product stack.

1416 Other Employee Reviews for VMware (View Most Recent)

Great experience, good people

Former Employee - Director Alliance Marketing in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Director Alliance Marketing in Concord, NH

I worked at VMware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology, great people, great product, good overall experience, and in most cases very respectful of the work life balance.

Cons

Very demanding. They also tend to hire out for senior positions instead of hiring from within. It's very difficult to get things done when you are not sitting at the corporate office.

One of the best internships in the Valley

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The University Relations threw a ton of events for interns, including a trip to Angel Island in San Francisco and a wine-tasting event at the San Jose Tech Museum. Lots of free stuff such a computer bag, t-shirt, even pajamas. Work was extremely low-stress and hours were totally reasonable (max 40 per week, sometimes less). Intern housing was fantastic and was great for making friends. Plus, the pay was top notch.

Cons

Intern projects wern't that meaningful. A good number of interns worked on testing frameworks or visualizations.

There are newer employer reviews for VMware