VMware

www.vmware.com
There are newer employer reviews for VMware

Great product, great people, great culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Industry leading product, lots of opportunity to do new projects, programs and try new things. Bonuses and stock options for top performers. Everyone here is an A player, high achiever.

Cons

Chaotic workload and processes. Difficult to get promoted from within as open spots typically filled from outside the company. Very competitive internally.

1460 Other Employee Reviews for VMware (View Most Recent)

Fantastic place for a long term career

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All VMware offices around the world are similar: Spotless, efficient, and with heathy refreshments always available. The Management team in my department were fantastic. Expect to work hard and be rewarded and recognized for your accomplishments. While I was hired directly into VMware, I worked with a number of people coming in from acquisitions. Those coming onboard through the M&A process can expect a few process bumps, but you will be part of the VMware family on day one. Best path to success for anyone at this company is to be fluid and flexible - never a dull moment at VMware.

Cons

There aren't many. The few issues I ran into are common across all moderately sized companies going through rapid growth and M&A activities.

Keep up the great work. Never settle for anything less than the best engineering talent. With so much M&A, give as much attention, focus, and love to better integration of the entire product stack.

Great experience, good people

Former Employee - Director Alliance Marketing in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Director Alliance Marketing in Concord, NH

I worked at VMware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology, great people, great product, good overall experience, and in most cases very respectful of the work life balance.

Cons

Very demanding. They also tend to hire out for senior positions instead of hiring from within. It's very difficult to get things done when you are not sitting at the corporate office.

There are newer employer reviews for VMware