VMware

www.vmware.com

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsColleagues/peers are great - friendly and knowledgeable. Product Development and Product Marketing colleagues are smart and strategic.

ConsNew management - promoted from within are very poor at managing people and are VERY unprofessional. I saw people "chewed' out in front of other colleagues. No training for new employees and contractors. Very high pressure environment with very little support from anyone except your colleagues.

Internal managers in partner enablement and other departments think they know about partner management and sales but they do not. "White tower" mentality here and it is hurting VMware.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. You are coming late to the party with your Cloud solution. Listen to your partners and the Field before it is too late. Get rid of some of your New middle managers and old management that DO NOT CARE about people. People are leaving VMware in droves and not just because they want to work at a startup! Act now and LEAD and remove the dead weight managers!!

Good place to work if you are only expecting to stay one year

I have been working at VMware

Pros: There are "perks" such as free snacks and Friday afternoon beer and food but both of these have began to dwindle down and seem to… Cons: The space is limited. The entire sales force is confined to one floor of a 5 story building and therefore everyone is stacked 3 people… Advice to Senior Management: Model yourselves and your management style like that of the Palo Alto office. I have read many positive reviews on here of the work environment… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pretty good place to work

Services Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Lots of opportunity to grow Cons: Work life balance is off Advice to Senior Management: Prioritize employee satisfaction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!