There are newer employer reviews for VRM

Good ideas and less management.

Former Employee - Asset Manager in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Asset Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at VRM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of work to do to go around; plenty to do.

Cons

Too Much middle management to actually do the job well.

Advice to Management

Lessen the middle management. Let the employees know what is going on.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great experience

I worked at VRM

Pros

Pay is above market. This company is generous with salary, bonuses and other incentives.

Cons

Be careful about voicing your opinion, it may be held against you.

2. Going downhill...quick

Current Employee - Asset Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at VRM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SOME mid-level managers actually know what they are doing. Pay was moderate, but falling fast with the overall decrease in inventory.

Cons

Moral is extremely low. Senior management (account level) is clueless. After 4 rounds of layoffs, it is obvious that employee performance is not considered before layoffs. The layoffs have been handled very poorly (which resulted in lawsuits). This company is not very inclusive. If you are "different", then you will likely not go anywhere. If you are not friends with your manager, you will not get very good reviews. At one point, management let you do your job...now, they are a slave to the client, changing policies every other week. These changes have effected moral greatly, and more importantly, overall earnings. I have never worked at a company where incompetency is rewarded this much.

Advice to Management

Stand up to your clients more. Act more like consultants for your clients, instead of giving into every off-the-wall idea/policy change they come up with. The client has hired VRM to do a job...the client should let VRM do that job, which we do well given the right circumstances. Let us work from home...like we use to. Firing a senior manager or two (on a certain GSE account) would greatly improve performance, client satisfaction, and employee moral.

There are newer employer reviews for VRM