VRTC

vrtc.us

A Lesson in Personal Growth but NOT Advertising

Account Executive (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMay get to travel often and work at the headquarters in occasions. Will learn to develop personal skills and very thick skin. Will actually get to speak Spanish as that is the main language of interaction.

ConsManagement promises training that will never come - will get thrown into projects and you'll either sink or swim. Those who hold senior positions will often not share projects with others, they want to keep the upper hand when it comes to dealing with the client and get all the credit. Long long long hours with very little return - both financially or personal gain. Unrealistic expectations when it comes to deadlines and there is no room for questions or mess ups- you will be called out, in trouble and thought not capable of doing your job. Most work is done with employees at headquarters which just means projects take longer. Sometimes difficult to try to make an advertising piece for Hispanic Americans that may not necessarily be natives to Mexico - many explanations that hit dead ends. Compensation is well below industry average.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to employees and not just compensate those who agree with everything you like. Compensate your employees for the hard work they put in to make your business flourish.

Missed potential

Account Executive (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at VRTC full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you are a self-motivated employee, you are able to wear different hats and learn many skills necessary for a… Cons: Any agency employee knows long night are the norm, but here it's a way of life and there are no incentives… Advice to Senior Management: Have more faith in your employees, and compensate better. In the time I worked there, I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VRTC.

Worked for VRTC? Contribute to the Community!