VSS Monitoring

Don't do it.

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at VSS Monitoring

Pros

The base pay is decent.

Cons

Difficult and unstructured management/business plans. Lot's of internal politics. LOTS.

A coworker once told me "everyone smart at VSS has already left." and I am starting to believe it.

25 Other Employee Reviews for VSS Monitoring (View Most Recent)

A typical very dynamic start-up environment

Current Employee - Release Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Release Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at VSS Monitoring

Pros

Very good people. Small closely knit team. Nice working atmosphere. Complete freedom to make decisions regarding your work. If you are self-motivated you can do a lot to improve your skills and try new technologies here.

Cons

Not a very challenging job, but it is only for me. Management is stingy when it comes to buying new equipment or upgrading the office. Virtually no benefits or perks. Working from home is not looked kindly at.

They definitely don't need my advice. The way things go means that the management does many things right. I would just ask for more order in Engineering, but not everybody agrees with it.

Was once a great technology with lots of possibilities. Poor quality and even poorer management is all that's left.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at VSS Monitoring full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Once a leader in technology and a company with lots of energy and promise.

Cons

Today a new churn of crop try hard to make something sound good but the bottom line is the technology is confusing for everyone especially the end user and most employees. The koolaid is strong for the new and nieve but the truth surfaces and the fog clears when you receive your first commission check. It's a scam with no responability. The lucky few who make any money benefit from all the cherry picking. The now President and cronies Lure you in with talk and hype but nothing changes..no matter how many VPs and Directors they churn through. What a waste of something great. Maybe Danahur will turn thing around...but at what cost?

Good luck...Your either next on the chopping block or your enjoying the view from the safe secure top. While all your hard working quiet employees continue to wonder how this company makes any money and stays open another quarter.

There are newer employer reviews for VSS Monitoring