There are newer employer reviews for VSS Monitoring

Generally an all around 4 out of 5. Fast pace. Emerging Space. Interesting technologies. Worth the ride.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at VSS Monitoring

Pros

The company is in a unique niche space that is fast growing and still evolving, which presents a great deal of variety of opportunities to the company. There are some clearly differentiated technologies that others don't have.

Cons

There have been some growing pains in the company, but i guess this is not uncommon in other ventures in a high velocity environment, but just need to make sure you get through it. Could use more process, policies, infrastructure and planning.

Lot of opportunities bring to you a double edge sword -- Gotta prioritize.
Get more feedback from your employees from bottom up to the top, and across.

24 Other Employee Reviews for VSS Monitoring (View Most Recent)

Don't do it.

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at VSS Monitoring

Pros

The base pay is decent.

Cons

Difficult and unstructured management/business plans. Lot's of internal politics. LOTS.

A coworker once told me "everyone smart at VSS has already left." and I am starting to believe it.

A typical very dynamic start-up environment

Current Employee - Release Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Release Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at VSS Monitoring

Pros

Very good people. Small closely knit team. Nice working atmosphere. Complete freedom to make decisions regarding your work. If you are self-motivated you can do a lot to improve your skills and try new technologies here.

Cons

Not a very challenging job, but it is only for me. Management is stingy when it comes to buying new equipment or upgrading the office. Virtually no benefits or perks. Working from home is not looked kindly at.

They definitely don't need my advice. The way things go means that the management does many things right. I would just ask for more order in Engineering, but not everybody agrees with it.

There are newer employer reviews for VSS Monitoring