VTech Electronics North America
www.vtechkids.com Arlington Heights, IL 5000+ Employees

Beware of Hong Kong management

Arlington Heights, IL

ProsThe US team is great to work with. Everyone is helpful and supportive. Compensation and benefits are good.

ConsHong Kong is compulsively hands-on and cares very little about real experience from US employees. Despite being removed from the market they feel they know it better than those working in it everyday. So much time is wasted on work that ultimately gets overridden by the overseas team.

The Marketing team is grossly understaffed. Hong Kong gets frustrated that our competition has much stronger market awareness, yet they are content with a marketing department of only 2 personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great opportunity with your team in the US. Either invest in them and see your US presence rapidly grow, or take the entire business back to Hong Kong since you seem to feel like you can do everything better anyway.

Poor management, poor treatment of employees at VTech Kids

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I worked at VTech Electronics North America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work in the learning division is varied Cons: Employees are treated sub par, expected to work very long hours, get berated by upper management and in the area I worked in I was… Advice to Senior Management: Learn some Western world better practices, learn how to treat employees as people, not disposable pieces, listen up to what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to learn

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee)
    Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at VTech Electronics North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The Richmond BC office is really family-oriented. They have a kids Christmas party plus the regular office Christmas party. The work atmosphere also feels like… Cons: The technology used is a bit dated (for low-cost products), never cutting-edge. A lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Should enforce real focal reviews for all employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VTech Electronics North America.

Worked for VTech Electronics North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VTech Electronics North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VTech Electronics North America CEO Allan Wong Chi Yun. All reviews posted anonymously by VTech Electronics North America employees.