VWR International

www.vwr.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for VWR International

Great company values- lots of people who care and work together.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at VWR International

Pros

The business plan is on the right track- the senior leaders are engaged. You almost always can find someone who will support your through a process or is willing to listen and help.

Cons

(Some) Middle managment lacks conviction and willingness to take risks for employees. Unless this is pushed down from Senior Leaders.

Senior leaders either need to give more consideration and encouragement to middle managers- and/or provide a non threatening environment to foster communication and confidence. Do you really know the feedback from the sales field?

191 Other Employee Reviews for VWR International (View Most Recent)

To many reports to fill out about what you did that day.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brisbane, CA

I worked at VWR International

Pros

some of the people are the best people in the world to work with. some of the managers on the inside and the warehouse are supportive and knowledgable. There are great health insurance benefits. They have free online classes you can take to better your computer skills. They offer money for schooling while working there.

Cons

for outside sales reps life can be challenging when you have to fill out a form about who you spoke to , what you spoke about ,and what your going to do for the follow up, and what you did when you followed up, on every client you meet with that day. They want you to fill out these forms and hand them in so they make sure your working. problem being , if you are really working and meeting the 1,000(no exageration here) clients they have given you to take care off and you have to write a full report on all the people you met with, it does not leave any time for follow up with the actual customers that needed help in the first place. Either the customers are going to get neglected or the forms are not going to get done. I have not been here for a while so I hope they cut all that out. It is one of the reasons I left. I could not actualy do my job because i was filling out forms talking about what I had done and what i was going to do. Not to mention the meetings they had over the phone weekly. Those were a waste of time. We also spent time dialing in to hear the management talk about the forms we had to fill out and talk about what we did that week, etc. Nothing productive came of those meetings. It's Ok to have meetings but do not just have a meeting because it is monday at 9am and you want to make sure everyone is out of bed and on the phone working. every monday they had a meeting in the morning and nothing productive was done. we could have been inside a lab selling a spectrophotometer and making money or writing our reports. there was so much of them having us fill out forms and sit on teleconference calls not much selling could get done. Can you imagine how much a human could sell if they have a full 8 hour day of selling and working one on one with the client. Can you imagine how much a person could sell if they got part commission for the hard work they put in. You had to over sell at this company just to get your paycheck becuase if a client went bankrupt and you lost orders becuase they shut the business down it came out of your paycheck. It was not the employees problem that the company they once sold to when bankrupt ,yet you took money from employees paychecks due to the clients going bankrupt. also interesting how when you knew companies where going bankrupt the employees you did not like seemed to get those accounts. this is another reason i and many others left. The way they pay was not right and it did not inspire you to sell more. Back several years ago the sales reps where paid for over achieving and not punished for companies going bankrupt. wow i guess there are more cons then pros here. if anyone is looking to work in the sales dept, get some experience and then go work somewhere else after you get the experience.

do not ask for weekly forms, do not take money from sales reps paychecks when companies are going under. offer incentives to get more sales. it is really easy to build business. just let people work on their own with their own ideas and pay them well. The more money they make for themselves the harder they work.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at VWR International

Pros

The people! People are friendly, intelligent and hard working (for the most part). Work is interesting, company is up and coming, great work life balance. Trying hard to bring in top talent

Cons

Company is in transition - growing fast, which is good, but still need to replace some associates who aren't willing to change with the company.

Keep the change coming, and keep bringing in new staff who can handle it.

There are newer employer reviews for VWR International