There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Fun environment to work with good intentions and potential to improve. But lacks the ability to keep employees around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Vail Resorts

Pros

Vail Resorts has been a great place to learn about business and what its like to work for a larger company. I like the people I work with and enjoy the environment in which I come to each day. The work/ life balance that is emphasized is great for me. I also have appreciated the feedback and learning opportunities I've gained.

Cons

When it comes to fostering internal talent and creating for a positive/ enjoyable culture, I feel that the company can "talk about big talk but not walk the walk". The company is not good at keeping its subject matter experts and passionate people around. Not only is this disappointing from the outside, but it also has a strong affect on the people who are left behind to pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

VR claims its most important asset is its employees. In order to keep this asset happy (and improve on the culture and general moral of the company), it should give its loyal, talented employees incentives to stick around.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sexy company on the surface but treats employees poorly with understaffing and horrible work/life balance.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts

Pros

Free lift tickets but that's about it for this company. I don't recommned this company unless you like working 70 hours week.

Cons

High medical insurance cost, minimal vacation time (no Good Friday as an example and no Friday after Thanksgiving unless you use your own vacation time). 401k match is 50 cents on the dollar up to 4 percent.

Advice to Management

I'

2. Overall great people and environment, but work experience varies widely by group.

Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Vail Resorts

Pros

- Young, fun culture. - Good teamwork - Free ski passes! - Very interesting business - Strong leadership

Cons

- Not very good work/life balance - Some groups carry more of the workload than others

Advice to Management

- Time to focus more on the bottom line