Vail Resorts

www.vailresorts.com

Don't fall for the Smoke and Mirrors

Corporate (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsDecent perks, cool industry, terrible compensation

ConsI agree 110% with all of the reviews on this board describing Vail Resorts as “Dysfunctional” with “Disconnected Management”. As one of the recently departed from the corporate office in Broomfield, after several years including the move from Keystone, all I can say is that I am glad to be gone and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Over the past 2-3 years numerous corporate reorganizations have resulted in very high turnover and the wrong individuals in the wrong positions. Most people who have been with the company for 1+ year are not very happy and would attest to all of this. Definitely not a place where you want to go in order further or progress a career.

At one point in time, not too long ago, it did live up to the perceived experience that you would expect (good company, cool industry, etc…). Unfortunately that has all changed and it has become the “Wal-Mart” of the ski industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running the company like a hedge fund

Great perks, good people, lots of fun, so-so pay

Guest Services (Former Employee) Keystone, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts

Pros: The mountains! Everyone there is in a better mood and… Cons: They tend to pay 25% below market Advice to Senior Management: Advertise corporate jobs more! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's all talk. Good name to add to the resume because it is nationally recognized but overall not a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts

Pros: - Nationally Recognized name/brand can bolster resume - "Free" Season Pass for you and dependents (but they use this against you) - Lift Tickets for friends/family - Young,… Cons: - Compensation is at least 15-20% below market (they know this and say that pay shouldn't be a driving factor for people to work here) -… Advice to Senior Management: Respect your employee's expertise in their field and really listen to their insights. Stop repeating the same 'innovative' ideas and actually act on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vail Resorts.

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!