Vail Resorts
www.vailresorts.com Broomfield, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Alpine Ski Instructor

Alpine Skiing Instructor (Current Employee)
Breckenridge, CO

ProsGreat people, great opportunity, great environment. Best instructors in the world - when you're not working you get free alpine training! Fun and inviting atmosphere. Free lift ticket.

ConsYou'll get tons of work during holiday season, but if you lack seniority it is tough to get consistent hours between holidays. The hourly pay is just enough to pay the rent, you'll need tips to live well.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike many people I worked for only one season. I loved it, but I have not been back to visit - instead I've been skiing many other non-Vail resorts. I think management should leverage their one-season-only employees as marketing ambassadors by targeting employees early and building a relationship. With social media and a certain incentive package, the one-season-only employee could create immense value.

Great working experience in the mountains

I have been working at Vail Resorts full-time

Pros: Company executives care about creating an engaging workplace. Company is expanding and successful, which is nice… Cons: The company is getting large enough that at times the information doesn't get… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fairly good experience at Vail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vail Resorts

Pros: I loved the community projects and company culture at Vail. Cons: Big corporation with a lot of office politics. More
There are newer reviews on Vail Resorts.

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vail Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Vail Resorts employees.