Vail Resorts

There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Funnest "job" ever!

Former Employee - Ski Instructor in Keystone, CO
Former Employee - Ski Instructor in Keystone, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ski every day, for free! As a ski instructor, you get paid to show others the passion that you have for skiing. What could be better than that? Maybe only a surfing instructor.

Cons

Vail Resorts acts like the large corporation that it is, so you are just another cog in their wheel making them money. They didn't seem to care about the peons at the bottom.

Treat your employees more like your customers, and people will stay with you for life!

271 Other Employee Reviews for Vail Resorts (View Most Recent)

Alpine Ski Instructor

Current Employee - Alpine Skiing Instructor in Breckenridge, CO
    Current Employee - Alpine Skiing Instructor in Breckenridge, CO

I have been working at Vail Resorts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great opportunity, great environment. Best instructors in the world - when you're not working you get free alpine training! Fun and inviting atmosphere. Free lift ticket.

Cons

You'll get tons of work during holiday season, but if you lack seniority it is tough to get consistent hours between holidays. The hourly pay is just enough to pay the rent, you'll need tips to live well.

Like many people I worked for only one season. I loved it, but I have not been back to visit - instead I've been skiing many other non-Vail resorts. I think management should leverage their one-season-only employees as marketing ambassadors by targeting employees early and building a relationship. With social media and a certain incentive package, the one-season-only employee could create immense value.

Low pay, no advancement

Former Employee - Cook II in Breckenridge, CO
    Former Employee - Cook II in Breckenridge, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The beautiful environment of working and living in the mountains. An annual ski season pass and discount coupons for friends and family. Employee housing when available.

Cons

They get very cheap labor from many highly educated college graduates for menial jobs and imply that advancement is possible. Doesn't happen.

Use the talents of your college educated employees who take any job available to live and work in a culture they love, and let them grow. They could be your greatest assets if you let them.

There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts