There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Great Company, Terrible Pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Vail Resorts (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and managers are wonderful. Management is very supportive. I have everything I need to do my job and if I need something else, I can ask for it. Corporate culture is great.

Cons

The pay! It's horrendous. I can't tell people what I make as I am too ashamed, especially for what they ask me to do.

Advice to Management

Lower level departments are starting to suffer with lack of seasonal workers now that the economy is getting better. I realize it's cost efficient to treat workers this way, but it's bad practice and you're burning out a lot of your employees who have to train. Getting swag is nice and all, but won't keep people around.

reviews filtered by
  1. Low pay but fun work environment.

Former Employee - Product Sales Agent in Breckenridge, CO
    Former Employee - Product Sales Agent in Breckenridge, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free ski pass, fun coworkers, fun work environment, fun team events. Get to live in a beautiful place.

Cons

Not challenging, very low pay. Not motivating enough to stay for more than one season. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Create more enticement to return.

Great place to work right out of college, but pay won't support much of a lifestyle beyond your 20's...

Former Employee - Product Sales & Services Supervisor in Vail, CO
    Former Employee - Product Sales & Services Supervisor in Vail, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Vail Mountain, which was a blast. The management was fantastic and it was a really fun work environment. There is also a lot of company pride and Vail throws some great employee-recognition events. Free ski pass is also an amazing perk.

Cons

As a supervisor, I made $14.42 an hour. This salary would probably have been fine when I first graduated from college, but with a pile of grad school loans I was barely making ends meet. I had to work 3 jobs to be able to afford to live in Vail and keep my job at Vail Resorts. Jobs at the corporate office in Broomfield don't pay much higher. I think if the company has any desire to attract and keep top talent, they should reconsider their compensation.

Advice to Management

Many bright and talented kids will come work for you, but they will be forced to go get "real jobs" after 1-2 seasons because working for Vail Resorts doesn't pay commensurate with experience / education. Also, I worked full time from October through March before I finally qualified for health care. I had one month of health insurance before the season ended.

There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts