Vail Resorts
www.vailresorts.com Broomfield, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Some Real Pros and Some Really Big Cons

Snowboard Instructor (Current Employee)
Breckenridge, CO

ProsSkiing at the area is a blast, and I made some wonderful friends.

ConsWhere do I start? I had to work forever to get my insurance - something like 750 hours. They barely cut you a break on the cost of your food. The management has a poor opinion of it's workers, stating, "If you don't like it, you can move on." Our way or the highway is pretty much the culture. They have some very poor managers who have very little experience and the culture is just a bunch of ski bums who made good. They have pathetic transportation to and from the area. A bunch of us would get on in the evenings and it was completely unsafe - we must have had 50 people too many. No parking close to the area, you have to take a bus. This one manager was such a jerk to everyone and a bunch of us complained and she's still employed. Such a joke. Nobody cares. Nobody listens. And my paycheck! Pathetic. Who can afford $9.00 per hour? Not this ski bum.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some great managers and remember that you are supposed to be a people organization. You could care less about us little people and it shows. If it weren't for the snow, I would never return.

cool

Ski Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at Vail Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros: lt is a good spot to work. I had a lot of fun… Cons: you are not going to get rich in this job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience working for vail resorts in Breckinridge co

Ski Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at Vail Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros: Management were all very nice and very will to help anytime they could.… Cons: Found it hard to get connections into the corporate office… Advice to Senior Management: Keep things going strong Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vail Resorts.

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vail Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Vail Resorts employees.