There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Great company. Play where you work!

Former Employee - Resort Sales Coordinator  in  Keystone, CO
Former Employee - Resort Sales Coordinator in Keystone, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Season pass that is available to ALL Vail Resorts ski resorts and many other! Currently thats over 15 individual mountains!!!!
Huge company that is great experience, fun environment, everyone here loves the ski industry

Cons

The pay is less than you would expect. Its obviously a trade off, but not big enough to make you not be interested in working here.
Employee housing has 3 different tiers: horrible, not good and decent. Respectively these are called Sagebrush ($250 per month), Sunrise ($350 per month) and Tenderfoot ($450 per month). Sagebrush (has been condemned multiple times, is comparable to a dumpster and) is a shared 10 x 15 room with a small bunk bed, a small closet and toilet inside with a sink; there are ZERO kitchen capabilities. Sunrise is larger room at 15 x 20 with your own sink but has a shared kitchen and bathroom with a shower. Tenderfoot (where I lived) was decent with your own room, bed closet and dresser. It is essentially an apartment with a full kitchen, bathroom and living room (although its nothing fancy at all).
Working at the resort level is different than corporate. I have worked in both, but the people at the individual resorts are more laid back and relaxed, which is not to say they are uptight at the corporate office, just more of a variety of people and management styles. Management at the individual resort level is more relaxed because you actually live on (or very, very close to) the mountain and everyone is in the "Skiing for Life" mentality and enjoys a more relaxed lifestyle.

Management cares and I dont think I met anyone in management that didnt or that I didnt feel was doing their job well. I met a few people who disagreed, but then again, they also always had a chip on their shoulder and a somewhat negative outlook on life.

241 Other Employee Reviews for Vail Resorts (View Most Recent)

No opportunities, and poor pay

Former Employee - Multiple  in  Vail, CO
    Former Employee - Multiple in Vail, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Only pro is a free ski pass. To bad you wont be able to afford to ski at all 27 mountains across the globe.

Cons

They are growing to fast and forgetting about why Vail was founded. No room for advancement and poor pay in comparison to other companies. Poor policies in transferring from position to position, which you have to do since all jobs are seasonal. Even as a supervisor you will get separated from the company and loose benefits a month a year.

Stop on this global dominance path and look back at why Vail was founded. And pay your staff!

cool

Former Employee - Ski Instructor  in  Breckenridge, CO
    Former Employee - Ski Instructor in Breckenridge, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

lt is a good spot to work. I had a lot of fun on the slopes. You should be a snow person if you want this job.

Cons

you are not going to get rich in this job.

There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!