Vail Resorts

www.vailresorts.com

Great company. Play where you work!

Resort Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) Keystone, CO

ProsSeason pass that is available to ALL Vail Resorts ski resorts and many other! Currently thats over 15 individual mountains!!!!
Huge company that is great experience, fun environment, everyone here loves the ski industry

ConsThe pay is less than you would expect. Its obviously a trade off, but not big enough to make you not be interested in working here.
Employee housing has 3 different tiers: horrible, not good and decent. Respectively these are called Sagebrush ($250 per month), Sunrise ($350 per month) and Tenderfoot ($450 per month). Sagebrush (has been condemned multiple times, is comparable to a dumpster and) is a shared 10 x 15 room with a small bunk bed, a small closet and toilet inside with a sink; there are ZERO kitchen capabilities. Sunrise is larger room at 15 x 20 with your own sink but has a shared kitchen and bathroom with a shower. Tenderfoot (where I lived) was decent with your own room, bed closet and dresser. It is essentially an apartment with a full kitchen, bathroom and living room (although its nothing fancy at all).
Working at the resort level is different than corporate. I have worked in both, but the people at the individual resorts are more laid back and relaxed, which is not to say they are uptight at the corporate office, just more of a variety of people and management styles. Management at the individual resort level is more relaxed because you actually live on (or very, very close to) the mountain and everyone is in the "Skiing for Life" mentality and enjoys a more relaxed lifestyle.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement cares and I dont think I met anyone in management that didnt or that I didnt feel was doing their job well. I met a few people who disagreed, but then again, they also always had a chip on their shoulder and a somewhat negative outlook on life.

cool

Ski Instructor (Former Employee) Breckenridge, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros: lt is a good spot to work. I had a lot of fun… Cons: you are not going to get rich in this job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No opportunities, and poor pay

Multiple (Former Employee) Vail, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Only pro is a free ski pass. To bad you wont be… Cons: They are growing to fast and forgetting about why Vail was founded. No room for advancement and poor pay in comparison to other companies. Poor… Advice to Senior Management: Stop on this global dominance path and look back at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vail Resorts.

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!