There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Great temporary job

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Breckenridge, CO
Current Employee - Sales Agent in Breckenridge, CO

I have been working at Vail Resorts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ski Pass, ski pass, ski pass, ski pass

Cons

You can't afford to take a day off to use your ski pass

Listen to the groundswell from below.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Vail Resorts (View Most Recent)

Good company, depending on what department you work in.

Former Employee - Finance in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Finance in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun industry to work in. Top-shelf health benefits.

Cons

Some departments are productive and get results while others are a "revolving door" because of poor supervision and employees who only want to get Vail on their resume.

Commitment to company goals felt a little shallow. Some people bought in and worked hard, while others gave it lip service and spent most of their day trying to be seen by senior management.

Great company. Play where you work!

Former Employee - Resort Sales Coordinator in Keystone, CO
    Former Employee - Resort Sales Coordinator in Keystone, CO

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Season pass that is available to ALL Vail Resorts ski resorts and many other! Currently thats over 15 individual mountains!!!!
    Huge company that is great experience, fun environment, everyone here loves the ski industry

Cons

The pay is less than you would expect. Its obviously a trade off, but not big enough to make you not be interested in working here.
    Employee housing has 3 different tiers: horrible, not good and decent. Respectively these are called Sagebrush ($250 per month), Sunrise ($350 per month) and Tenderfoot ($450 per month). Sagebrush (has been condemned multiple times, is comparable to a dumpster and) is a shared 10 x 15 room with a small bunk bed, a small closet and toilet inside with a sink; there are ZERO kitchen capabilities. Sunrise is larger room at 15 x 20 with your own sink but has a shared kitchen and bathroom with a shower. Tenderfoot (where I lived) was decent with your own room, bed closet and dresser. It is essentially an apartment with a full kitchen, bathroom and living room (although its nothing fancy at all).
    Working at the resort level is different than corporate. I have worked in both, but the people at the individual resorts are more laid back and relaxed, which is not to say they are uptight at the corporate office, just more of a variety of people and management styles. Management at the individual resort level is more relaxed because you actually live on (or very, very close to) the mountain and everyone is in the "Skiing for Life" mentality and enjoys a more relaxed lifestyle.

Management cares and I dont think I met anyone in management that didnt or that I didnt feel was doing their job well. I met a few people who disagreed, but then again, they also always had a chip on their shoulder and a somewhat negative outlook on life.

There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts