Vaisala - Colorado
www.vaisala.com Louisville, CO 150 to 499 Employees

Great people and products. Processes way too cumbersome for the company to be agile.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Louisville, CO

I worked at Vaisala - Colorado

ProsVaisala Louisville is an engineering outpost of the mother company in Finland. As a separate entity, this location's people are very close and work well together. They take pride in their products and are very knowledgeable in a broad range of applications.

ConsCommunication between groups in the U.S. and Finland are difficult until personal on-on-one relationships are built - impossible when travel is frozen. Many VERY complex processes (established in Finland) to get things done makes even the smallest product change take far too much time and too many peoples' efforts. Major organizational changes have helped some projects, but crippled others. Product line maybe getting TOO diverse?

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify the processes. Allow U.S. engineering some autonomy in their product development. Not every product needs to meet world-wide features/desires/requirements. Potentially run with a smaller subset of the product line, but tuned to U.S. markets?

I enjoyed the work, the people and my direct management a lot (based on 2006 - 2010).

Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
Louisville, CO

I worked at Vaisala - Colorado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I felt as though my direct management was very supportive of my efforts. They provided appropriate tools as needed. My office was really nice and… Cons: I didn't get the impression that there was a lot of room for moving up the chain of command. I was really there to be… Advice to Senior Management: Support your lower management well. They are key to your success because they interface with the majority of employees directly and therefore the customers. Happy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Entry Level to mid-management in ~9 years

Service Manager (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO

I worked at Vaisala - Colorado full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Strong benefits package, flexible schedule, relaxed work atmosphere Cons: lost of mobility for anyone accept Americans. slow moving, reluctant… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vaisala - Colorado.

Worked for Vaisala - Colorado? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vaisala - Colorado reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vaisala - Colorado CEO Alan Reid. All reviews posted anonymously by Vaisala - Colorado employees.