Valassis

www.valassis.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Valassis

Doers will be happy, others will not

Current Employee - Client Services in Livonia, MI
Current Employee - Client Services in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Valassis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Previous reviewers have voiced concern about management, product direction, and decisions to remove unprofitable business. My response is that, like any job, you get what you give., and if you reward/listen to the quarterly reports then you'll know where and how you can apply yourself given the company's goa.s . This company rewards move-forward can-do attitudes, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for a company that recognizes a pivot opportunity. We can do so much with the information we have, but it takes genuine trouble shooters to make it happen.

Cons

We could be leaner if we really buckled down and identified who the solution makers are versus the retractors. Accompanied by internal tech advance,net of course.

Re-org the CMC's to a CPC level. Cross-train them to handle our declining product and our margin-heavy product simultaneously.

184 Other Employee Reviews for Valassis (View Most Recent)

Valassis Needs a Major Overhaul in Management

I worked at Valassis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At least you get a paycheck

Cons

As I said, management needs a major overhaul

I agree with all of the negative posts I have read about this company. I had worked for this company for years, and they have become so concerned about profit that they are placing a great amount of pressure and extra work on everyone. Valassis wants everyone to do twice the work for zero bonuses, little to no raises, and little to no job advancement EXCEPT for upper management. They legally steal from their associates and hurt their families, plus they have cut the fat from far too many places, and now they wonder why people are jumping ship. Valassis should be named fortune 500 worst companies to work for.

Not for classically trained BtoC or BtoB Marketers

Former Employee - Director, Client Marketing in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Director, Client Marketing in Livonia, MI

I worked at Valassis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, employees seem to be team oriented, friendly and willing to work toward common goals.

Cons

- Marketing at Valassis is really a sales support function - not anything remotely close to a traditional agency or client side role. Do not take this job if that is what you are looking for.
    - Granted, my tenure was short, but the company seemed constantly in flux and change was poorly managed and communicated...from the top down.
    - If you don't fit the Valassis mold (for whatever reason) the culture is to criticize your "weaknesses" rather than finding ways to leverage your strengths.

There are newer employer reviews for Valassis