Valassis
www.valassis.com Livonia, MI 5000+ Employees

Invest more in employees and less in 'best company' surveys

Client Program Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Valassis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood health benefits. A lot of vacation days for tenured employees and no set amount of sick days. Options available for flexible schedule. Managers work with employees who have to come in late or leave early due to life events, such as Dr. appointments. Work hard, play hard,fun environment.

ConsManagers are not well trained so they can't help associates. Employees who don't interact with clients give cross-functional partners a lot of push back. Most of my hurdles and struggles are from within. I have to jump through hoops to fulfill a client request. Cross training is poor, forcing associates to fake it till they make it....or give up. Promotions and raises should be based on performance, not how well you write up an evaluation or fill out paperwork or how much you suck up to your boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on making the company appear to be the best place to work and actually make it one. Listen to what associates have to say. Upgrade server capabilities. Train employees so they know what they are doing. Ensure the culture is the same no matter the location. Make advancement opportunities more readily available in remote offices. Spread the wealth so people outside of Livonia are recognized. Hold people more accountable.

Client Program Coordinator

Client Program Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Valassis full-time

Pros: -Benefits(Health, Vision, Dental), although shrinking as of 2013. -Causal dress -Company Outings -Opportunity to work on projects that… Cons: -Management is overburdened with projects from the top. -Less of a focus on generating revenue than meeting their project goals. For example, Valassis is a… Advice to Senior Management: -Focus on making Valassis the easiest vender to do business with. -Return to basics! Less focus on vague issues… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Review of Direct Mail

I have been working at Valassis full-time

Pros: Valassis has a great employee environment. They strive to create an inspiring… Cons: The big cons would be the lack of career paths for some positions. People who have worked at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Valassis.

Worked for Valassis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valassis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Valassis CEO Rob Mason. All reviews posted anonymously by Valassis employees.