Valassis

www.valassis.com

Trying to find their way as a printing company in a future without print

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Windsor, CT

ProsWork / Life Balance, Listen to ideas
Friendly people
Very supportive of LGBT, gender and ethnic diversity
They try very hard to be on the "Great Places To Work" list
Very supportive of internal training to expand skill set and cross training for people who want to transition from one job to another within the company.

ConsTake ideas from one department and move to another - no credit given,
no willingness to go the final mile, ideas that can't be successful w/in 6 months are scrapped.
No long term view.
Much of the focus on making great place to work is on silly annoyances (ex. loud speaker bingo) rather than on openness of vision / direction, true collaboration, or dedication to successful products (the things that make you proud to work for a company and like going to work)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't bleed your cash cow

Valassis is a ship with a lot of plugged holes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

I have been working at Valassis full-time

Pros: Most people are good to work with. Culture is good… Cons: Each week seems to bring a new challenge to the company. Always trying to react to business environment. Many reorgs over the years… Advice to Senior Management: From the troop side decisions show more harm than good. Business has been lost with some areas. Throwing more money at some doesn't always work.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Family friendly company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Valassis

Pros: Flex time, Work from home, good people, lot of perks… Cons: not much career growth opportunities More
There are newer reviews on Valassis.

Worked for Valassis? Contribute to the Community!