Valeant

www.valeant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Valeant

Dress down and first name culture

Former Employee - Marketing Project Leader in Laval, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Marketing Project Leader in Laval, QC (Canada)

I worked at Valeant full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Autonomy is respected where deemed necessary.

Cons

Upper hierarchy takes all credit success of all middle management decisions that benefit stakeholders.

New CEO and Chairman, Michael Pierson is a money grubber, setting up the company by acquiring 25 companies in two years, in order to increase share value so he can sell out rich.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Valeant (View Most Recent)

Excellent Work Relationship

Former Employee - Supplier in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Supplier in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Valeant as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful Marketing Manager, a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Management gave short lead times and often changed their minds, it makes it difficult for suppliers to keep up.

Short tenure - was downsized after merger

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Valeant full-time

Pros

Worked at Biovail for years. Loved it. After the Valeant merger (it wasn't a merger, more of a Biovail dismantling) I was downsized. I was extremely happy with the severance package, I feel I was treated with the utmost respect during the whole process.

Cons

Biovail got a new CEO who in hindsight wanted to completely dismantle the company - so costs were dramatically cut, delivery technologies were offloaded, etc. Then the merger with Valeant was announced, and they basically fired EVERYONE (for the most part - vast majority anyway) at the Biovail head office. Plus downsized a majority of reps, which included me.

In Canada you guys are well below national target for the 6th year in a row (if you include the Biovail targets) - either fire the marketing team or the consultants who set the numbers for you - you will be facing a mass exodus soon - I am still in touch with employees. I immediately found alternate employment in a new industry, I consider myself fortunate - I actually feel bad for pharma reps these days.

There are newer employer reviews for Valeant