Valeant

Valeant Pharmaceutical

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Valeant

Pros

The people who work there, excluding the senior management, are some of the finest people I've ever known. They are supportive, knowledgeable, and possess a high level of integrity. It was the kind of place where one would be proud to say they worked there.

Cons

The senior management at Valeant have shown themselves to be very shortsighted and uninformed. Valeant bought a small privately held pharmaceutical company named Dow Pharmaceutical. This company had a proven track record of growth and innovation. It was a place where one would look forward to going to work everyday. After the takeover the contract business all but disappeared because other large pharmaceutical companies were not comfortable with sharing their projects with a large mercenary competitor. Morale dropped to the point where almost every day someone else was leaving to find another job. Then Valeant merged with BioVale, another large Pharmaceutical company. The result was a massive round of layoffs. One third of the workforce was cut. The original company, Dow, as I had known it was reduced to just a shell and needless to say morale is now at a new low. The value of Valeant shares (vrx) on the open market has been on a steady decline ever since. This is not what I would consider a successful business model.

Maybe you should rethink some of the decisions you have been making lately.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Valeant (View Most Recent)

Wish I could go back

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Valeant

Pros

Valeant was a great company to work for. The senior management staff was really dedicated to growing their brands, and they were equally as interested in what their sales staff had to say.

Cons

The only con I can really think of was a lack of communication at times. Sometimes, information didn't really make it's way down to the sales reps as swiftly as it should. Competitive knowledge was also not at abundant.

When I left, they were really moving in a great direction. The only advice I could give would be to keep doing what they are doing.

Good with room for improvement

Current Employee - In Field in Eastern, KY
    Current Employee - In Field in Eastern, KY

I have been working at Valeant

Pros

Flexible schedule, better senior leadership

Cons

Average, not great, field leadership

Mike, Good job so far. The communication with the field has been often and thorough. Nice change from prior mangement.

There are newer employer reviews for Valeant