There are newer employer reviews for Valentino's Pizza

Great "boys club" environment.

Former Employee - Cashier in Rochester, MN
Former Employee - Cashier in Rochester, MN

I worked at Valentino's Pizza

Pros

The manager is a really good guy. They have a fairly small staff so you get to know everyone well. If you need a day off or to leave early they do their very best to accommodate you.

Cons

Poor pay. Very fast paced work environment. Snotty regulars. No opportunity for advancement. Because it is a boys club, you have to prove yourself before management is even nice to you.

Advice to Management

To keep a motivated work place you need to be a little nicer to the new hires. I understand why you are hard on them. Like you said, we're just making food. It's not rocket science. But for some of these kids, it's their first job so lighten up a little.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This was a good experience as was people related and tips kept you in cash daily.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Valentino's Pizza

Pros

Good food, product and always in tips.

Cons

The incompitencies of some of Management.

Advice to Management

When you put out a schedule and then change it let the proper employee know that!

2. Some nice people, poor management

Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Valentino's Pizza part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm still friends with quite a few of the people that I worked with. And if you are on good terms with the managers, they can be very understanding and it can be a fun environment. You could do worse for a fast food job; it's slightly more respectable than a McDonald's.

Cons

If someone isn't doing their job, it's hard to get management to care as long as the work gets done, even if you are the one doing all of it. Granted the managers will think pretty highly of you, but that's a pitiful incentive for hard work when others are slacking off.

Advice to Management

Management shouldn't rely on a small percentage of hard workers while they turn a blind eye to people who goof off or screw up. It makes for a discouraging work environment, and you are likely to lose the employees that keep the place running.