Valentino's Pizza

www.valentinos.com
  www.valentinos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Valentino's Pizza

Great "boys club" environment.

Former Employee - Cashier in Rochester, MN
Former Employee - Cashier in Rochester, MN

I worked at Valentino's Pizza

Pros

The manager is a really good guy. They have a fairly small staff so you get to know everyone well. If you need a day off or to leave early they do their very best to accommodate you.

Cons

Poor pay. Very fast paced work environment. Snotty regulars. No opportunity for advancement. Because it is a boys club, you have to prove yourself before management is even nice to you.

To keep a motivated work place you need to be a little nicer to the new hires. I understand why you are hard on them. Like you said, we're just making food. It's not rocket science. But for some of these kids, it's their first job so lighten up a little.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Valentino's Pizza (View Most Recent)

Some nice people, poor management

Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Valentino's Pizza part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm still friends with quite a few of the people that I worked with. And if you are on good terms with the managers, they can be very understanding and it can be a fun environment. You could do worse for a fast food job; it's slightly more respectable than a McDonald's.

Cons

If someone isn't doing their job, it's hard to get management to care as long as the work gets done, even if you are the one doing all of it. Granted the managers will think pretty highly of you, but that's a pitiful incentive for hard work when others are slacking off.

Management shouldn't rely on a small percentage of hard workers while they turn a blind eye to people who goof off or screw up. It makes for a discouraging work environment, and you are likely to lose the employees that keep the place running.

Demanding Company, Fun Job

Current Employee - Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Valentino's Pizza full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Valentino's is the best pizza in town, with many locations and Lots of Employees, Great Training, Fun Environment

Cons

The owners yell at management and staff members. They don't even think about how it sounds to the customers in the lobbies. They are not allowing any hours over 28 to be worked by regular staff because they don't want to pay for insurance. They say it will bankrupt them.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

There are newer employer reviews for Valentino's Pizza