Valeo

www.valeo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Valeo

Overburdened, understaffed, and overworked - lack of respect for employee worth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

I worked at Valeo

Pros

Benefit package relatively standard, 3 weeks off vacation (if you can use it), medical/dental/vision fair coverage

Cons

Overworked, understaffed at working level. Senior management arguements in front of subordinates, hallways, etc. Indifference and inabilty to understand what it takes to successfully launch product, expectations on deliverables extremely high internally and from customer not realisitic. Program financial management systems inept and inadequate.

Must staff accordingly to support programs. Senior leadership needs to be less engaged and create a layered heirachary to delegate responsibility off to working level, rather than be responsible for every financial decision taken. Program Managers need empowerment on financial decisions and additional support on delegation of financial documentation.

142 Other Employee Reviews for Valeo (View Most Recent)

It's not what your company can do for you, but what you can do for your company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

I have been working at Valeo

Pros

To be honest the pay is great. I have not found anywhere locally that offers the same salaries. Many places are close but none that are on target.

Cons

The salary that you make is also one of the major cons. You make good enough money that you are almost stuck because to leave you would definitely take a pay cut.

They refuse to promote within and always elect to hire outside of the company.

They froze our pensions.

They forcefully made us disband our Employee Association which held fundraisers throughout the year to fund things like our company picnic.

They stopped having company picnics, employee appreciation days, and attendance recognition.

Management seems to have a sincere lack of goodwill towards us as employees. The only recognition received is when you do something wrong...never when you do something right.

Human Resources should be renamed to Management Resources as they seem to always go against the hourly associates.

It is just overall a frustrating place to work. The company keeps taking away benefits and niceties that we are used to getting but they don't replace them elsewhere. Morale iis very low and it seems that doesn't matter.

Please spend a week doing the jobs that you ask the associates to do. After you realize that the goals are unrealistic reevaluate your requests. Start respecting the individuals a little more. When you take away things like a company picnic or employee appreciate day that builds resentment and truly does make us feel unappreciated. To you it may not be a big deal but to the little guy small tokens like that mean the world. This is the only place that I have heard of that someone can have a heart attack on the clock and have to be rushed to the hospital for treatment, yet they still receive points on their attendance record. I understand that you make a lot of money, have worked hard to get where you are, deserve your positions, and are fairly well educated...but do you not realize that we work hard, we are educated (hard to believe the way you treat us) and that we deserve our jobs. There is such a separation between hourly and salary. It feels like a caste system, salary is treated way better while the hourly associates are looked down upon. You may try to deny it all you want, but go on the floor and ask us. As a whole we are not bitter for no reason. Wake up and realize that we are just as vital to the companies success as management.

Good for entry level engineers

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Greensburg, IN
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Greensburg, IN

I have been working at Valeo

Pros

- Challenging as they throw you into the job right from the first hour. No training, everything you will learn while working. You can learn a lot in first 2 yrs as they will give as much responsibilities as you want.

Cons

No growth, very flat structured organization. Pay, below par the average

Listen to the engineering requirements

There are newer employer reviews for Valeo