Low pay, lots of customers, messy, sometimes expected to be superhuman, and sometimes working alone is overwhelming.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Arlington, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington, TX

I worked at Valero Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- If you have a good staff and everyone chips in workloads can be lowered for everyone in the long run
- The job can be really easy, if properly staffed
- you will get to know your customers, some people come in almost everyday might get invited to a party

Cons

- Sometimes expected to do a lot of work
- night shift is the wost your all alone and expected to do everything deliveries come in early and you gotta count the boxes
- Lot's of theft you really can't do anything about but you will hear about it if something gets stolen in mass amounts
- messy store sometimes, due to so much foot traffic
- You could end up running the register the WHOLE shift sometimes, then get yelled at for not getting any work done

Remember your employees most of the time are on the register tying to keep the lines from building up and work is just really tough to get done sometimes.

Other Reviews for Valero Energy

A great culture of working hard, paying well, and giving back to the community.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Valero Energy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Valero provides an excellent working environment for employees, complete with on-site childcare, doctor, cafeteria, and a fitness center with tennis and basketball courts, and running trails. The company offers a leading employee compensation plan that includes excellent medical coverage options, along with a pension and 401k, among other things.

Cons

I know there are disgruntled employees who work here, but I struggle to understand it. It is not the place it was in 2005 when the stock price was soaring and splitting, but this is still a top of the line place to work. The best I can do to complain is to say that the upward mobility takes time. Even then, part of the reason for that is due to the fact that most employees choose not to leave, and this inhibits other people from potential promotions, transfers, etc.

I would like to see more employee engagement and communication. Share more insight with us and ask for our suggestions--you might find several ideas that are worth pursuing, and employees that are worth promoting.

i love the company high benefits and awsome people to work for

Current Employee - Process Operator  in  Albert City, IA
    Current Employee - Process Operator in Albert City, IA

I have been working at Valero Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

insurance, the people are great, you get paid time off if youre sick, you get 2 weeks vacation the first year, bonuses, alot of activities and alot of comunity work as well. great company

Cons

rotating shifts are not fun. very stressful and can upset your metabolism

get rid of the bad people who are talking bad about valero! they dont deserve to work here.

There are newer employer reviews for Valero Energy.

Worked for Valero Energy? Contribute to the Community!