There are newer employer reviews for Valet Park of America

Good for extra cash, but not interested in making it a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Extra cash, and you get to drive nice cars occasionally.

Cons

Management, terrible communication, no morale, lacking technology.

Advice to Management

Team, lead by example, work on morale, and indulge in new technologies to make things more efficient.

Other Employee Reviews for Valet Park of America

1. Decent temp job, poor management

I have been working at Valet Park of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training takes less than 2 weeks, always opportunity for more hours, decent pay.

Cons

Poor management, you'll feel like its run by frat boys and if you can't get into the 'in' crowd then you can expect to get a terrible schedule and be walked all over. Expect to dislike it after a month. No room to be promoted.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to have the employees anonymous review of the management to find out what is wrong with it. Upper management takes the word of the lower management as gospel and doesn't look at why they may have a high turnover rate may be because their management team is pushing people out who are good workers.

Valet Park of America Response

Aug 1, 2013 – Director of HR

I'm surprised you feel this way. I would appreciate it if you could email me with more specific examples so I can look into this. I do feel there is room to be promoted, as we always promote from ... More

2. Good gig and company, but not a career job

Current Employee - Valet Attendant
    Current Employee - Valet Attendant

Pros

Good tips (commensurate to how busy event is and how hard you work), relaxing work atmosphere, get to run a lot, drive nice cars, work with a young group of people, negligible micromanagement, flexible schedule. Work various accounts including hospitals, casinos, mountains, private parties, etc. Company is growing fast.

Cons

Drive bad cars. Although you can request certain days and times of the week off, the weekly schedule fluctuates with employees' time-offs and event changes. Limited opportunities for growth - learn what you need to know in less than 2 weeks. Employees consist of a lot of college students and young adults, meaning high turnover rates.

Valet Park of America Response

Aug 1, 2013 – Director of HR

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately to offer flexible scheduling, it also means that we have to change our schedule on a weekly basis, but we always try to accommodate as many requests as possible ... More