Valley Medical Center

VMC

Current Employee - Pharmacist Intern in Renton, WA
Current Employee - Pharmacist Intern in Renton, WA

I have been working at Valley Medical Center

Pros

They let interns do a lot of different things at Valley. First 2 years you generally do tech functions such as: refilling pyxis machines, triaging information from phone calls, preparing medications for patients, compounding, compounding intravenous drugs, compounding chemotherapy drugs.

Your 3rd and 4th year you get to learn how to do order entry and follow patients on antibiotic therapy, pain management, TPN, and anticoagulation.

Cons

You are an intern, anything goes wrong, the blame is put onto you.

Try to work as our team leader an advocating for our department.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Valley Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Clinical Applications Analyst in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Clinical Applications Analyst in Renton, WA

I worked at Valley Medical Center

Pros

They pride themselves on diversity and employee recognition, and fir a karge medical center htat's a bit unusual. They are very good to their employees in most instances. I think that the management cares, although it is hard to hear from, or see the CEO or very upper management. They are going through some growing pangs, but seem to have it well in hand. They also seem to be havingt some money problems due to the economy, but probably are affected less by it that many other companies.

Cons

Some new management especialy in IT department. They are good but need some time to fix some longstanding items.

Fix the parking situation for employees

Overall a great place to work.

Current Employee - Coordinator in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Renton, WA

I have been working at Valley Medical Center

Pros

The health insurance benefits are second to none. It is probably one of the primary reasons i have not looked elsewhere. The hospital really tries to make sure that we are not just a number but since there are 2800 of us it can be difficult. I work for an AWESOME Director. They have allowed me to spread my wings. She has even pushed me out of the nest to encourage me to soar. They are consistently fair, equal and helpful. If I give my director the information they need to make a decision, I will usually get the answer I am looking for.

Cons

We get to play the parking game everyday! Yes our parking is free and most of us abide by the parking rules. Most of us call the security in the parking garage the "parking Nazi's." Do not continue to make the good employees pay for the behavior of the bad employees. Some of the managers have been in their position for a long time and they may not be the best suited for the job with the current changes in health care. If the managers do not keep up on changes how will they be able to know what their staff is doing and whether they are doing it correctly.

Just because something has always been done a certain way does not mean it needs to continue in that pattern. If mistakes are made (out sourcing) acknowledge and fix the situation.

There are newer employer reviews for Valley Medical Center