There are newer employer reviews for Valley Medical Center

Overall a great place to work.

Current Employee - Coordinator in Renton, WA
Current Employee - Coordinator in Renton, WA

I have been working at Valley Medical Center

Pros

The health insurance benefits are second to none. It is probably one of the primary reasons i have not looked elsewhere. The hospital really tries to make sure that we are not just a number but since there are 2800 of us it can be difficult. I work for an AWESOME Director. They have allowed me to spread my wings. She has even pushed me out of the nest to encourage me to soar. They are consistently fair, equal and helpful. If I give my director the information they need to make a decision, I will usually get the answer I am looking for.

Cons

We get to play the parking game everyday! Yes our parking is free and most of us abide by the parking rules. Most of us call the security in the parking garage the "parking Nazi's." Do not continue to make the good employees pay for the behavior of the bad employees. Some of the managers have been in their position for a long time and they may not be the best suited for the job with the current changes in health care. If the managers do not keep up on changes how will they be able to know what their staff is doing and whether they are doing it correctly.

Advice to Management

Just because something has always been done a certain way does not mean it needs to continue in that pattern. If mistakes are made (out sourcing) acknowledge and fix the situation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overall very positive

I worked at Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are incredible, especially if you have a family
    Comp package is very competitive - just make sure you look at the whole package. The salary isn't very spectacular, but the benefits really do add up.
    Some of the nicest, best people to work with
    If you have a passion to do something, usually management will work with you to

Cons

Expansion can sometimes run into overdrive and cost overruns will create layoffs

2. Place with great benefits, but resistant to change and progress.

I have been working at Valley Medical Center

Pros

Great healthcare benefits and time off

Cons

Resistance to change and progress