Good training and entry level position , not a place to secure a 6 figure income or build career

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Valley Yellow Pages full-time for more than a year

Pros

Valley Yellow Pages provided a decent training platform and provides on going training exposing sales people to the most successful sales people in the advertising industry. The commission structure is good and it is possible to earn 6 figures if you have been with the company for years and have revenue to work consistently through the year in every campaign. If not, you have to work and have high activity if you want to make more than 40k a year. Every office environment is different within the company. My overall experience with my team was very positive and fullfilling.

Cons

Valley Yellow Pages does not provide the reps with advertising solutions that are competitive with other companies. Even other yellow page companies are progressing and expanding their product line to create solutions that their clients will benefit from. I know yellow pages works and still give clients a solid ROI however It makes it difficult for the rep to relate to the customers and reach the interest of potential clients if we do not have the products that other companies are offering our clients every day! Depending on the office you work in, the environment can be very hostile and have horrible management in charge. There is not a solid , consistent review for this company reflecting a good work&life balance, benefits, pay and structure. Sieg needs to unify his company and create expectations and an environment that is across the board instead of working at a snail pace for his company to evolve.

Other Reviews for Valley Yellow Pages

Micro-Managed to the Nth degree

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Valley Yellow Pages full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base salary of $500/week plus car and phone allowance if you can live on that.

Cons

Must go to office every morning for rah-rah BS meetings, and return in evening and clock in. Way too much paperwork and micro-management. Very tough sale in this world of online advertising options. Management is paid way too much to manage a couple of sales people. Boiler room sales. Get sales at whatever cost. Really don't care about the businesses they service.

Overall a good experience, career growth

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Valley Yellow Pages

Pros

Income potential, career growth, good for entry level sales people

Cons

Senior leadership not supportive enough to local sales offices

none

There are newer employer reviews for Valley Yellow Pages.

Worked for Valley Yellow Pages? Contribute to the Community!