Valley Yellow Pages

There are newer employer reviews for Valley Yellow Pages

Not a Good Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Valley Yellow Pages full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I cannot think of anything positive to say about this company except that the sales training was very well put together.

Cons

After a two week training, the company then sends you to your office were you are given a sales goal but no additional training on how to deal with the clients. You are given brand new clients that have never had advertisements before and set up to fail.

To make the Account Executives feel like they could get their first sale give them both new and renewal accounts to work.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Valley Yellow Pages (View Most Recent)

Conservative Company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Yellow Pages full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company is very conservative and fiscally responsible. There are plenty of opportunities for experienced and non-experienced candidates in outside sales. There is also opportunity for advancement for the right person.

Cons

The company is very old school in upper management. Middle management is usually on a need to know basis. When changes are made, ie; cuts to management, changes in training curriculum, etc., a reason other than the truth is told. Upper management also will never acknowledge that a mistake was made in sales procedure changes or selection of management. It is lied about in order to cover up any incompetent choices.

Management should lead by example and eliminate punitive discipline and not use fear tactics. Every member of the sales team is an individual and must be treated as such.

Great Experience for Consultative Selling Techniques

Current Employee - Accounte Executive in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Accounte Executive in Chico, CA

I have been working at Valley Yellow Pages full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at Valley Yellow Pages. It is a great job to get wonderful sales training in consultative selling and advertising. I wish I had this sales training when I owned my retail business 25 years ago. Fellow AE's were great to work with and everyone helped each other at our office. The District Managers were very supportive and very knowledgeable. I learned so much that Valley Yellow Page AE"s are hardest workers out their in jobs. They deserve higher pay!

Cons

Unfortunately, the compensation for AE's was not very high. My only concern was that AE's should get at least some reasonable base salary of $45,000 +commission to support a family, because you don't want your AE's to have to be worried about paying their rent or pay their bills, you want AE's to concentrate on generating new business for the company.

Some District Sales Managers are very good, but some are very discouraging and negative. I was very lucky to have a fantastic boss that supported me in the very beginning . Have your AE's team up with seasoned AE"s to be Mentors to the new AE"s and reward these Mentors to help others. Valley Yellow Pages to me was behind times and should concentrate more on Online Advertising because Print is dying.

There are newer employer reviews for Valley Yellow Pages