There are newer employer reviews for ValleyCrest Companies

VCM allows me to build a maintenance team to be proud of, produce satisfied clients and profit, but it comes at a cost.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ValleyCrest Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You will work among the most talented landscape maintenance professionals in the industry.

Cons

Difficult to advance production employees. Recruiting to promote within is nearly nonexistent for management and upper management positions.

Advance your talented employees within. VP's, BM's and OM's become familiar with middle management. Select individuals that you think would do well. Train these individuals to be successful and mentor them. The process to motivate through intimidation, threats and the "sink or swim" philosophy not only ruins confidence but also prevents employees wishing to advance to come forward. Do not wait for candidates to "throw their hat into the ring" We should hand pick our future successors.

55 Other Employee Reviews for ValleyCrest Companies (View Most Recent)

Good Pay, but do not take care of employees when times get tough.

Former Employee - Chief Estimator in Phoenix, OR
    Former Employee - Chief Estimator in Phoenix, OR

I worked at ValleyCrest Companies

Pros

Good pay
    Large company
    Good Benefits
    Good place to work to get experiance in the landscape industry
    Branches all over united states

Cons

Company is too large and corporate has no idea how employees in the branches are treated. The also do not protect their employees when the economy takes a downturn. I was there 7 years as a Chief Estimator and when the economy crashed they layed off all the higer paid employees. When I was working there were 32 people in the office now they are down to 3. They terminate all the employees who have been there for years making decent money then rehire people at 2/3 less pay to reduce their overhead. Since Burt Sperber passed it is not a family atmosphere anymore.

Need to care about employees who have been there through good and bad times. When economy is good ValleyCrest is pretty fair but as soon as the economy goes down hill they turn on everyone inside the company instead of looking for ways to keep their good employees.

A company with many opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Account Manager in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at ValleyCrest Companies

Pros

Good benefits
    opportunity for advancement
    safety conscious

Cons

lack of communication with in the ranks
    poor supervision with on site crew
    excessive paperwork