ValleyCrest Companies

www.valleycrest.com
There are newer employer reviews for ValleyCrest Companies

Tough Job, but great business experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ValleyCrest Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All the benefits of a big company--stable, employee benefits (401k, vacation, medical, dental)--in a landscape company. Lots of work outside.

Cons

When times are busy--most of the time--they are really busy. Long hours with lots to juggle. Corporate involvement can be tiresome and add more to the workload. If you aren't driven and don't take control of your own training/advancement, you most likely won't succeed.

65 Other Employee Reviews for ValleyCrest Companies (View Most Recent)

Branch Leadership?

Former Employee - Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at ValleyCrest Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with most people at my branch, and the work was fun and interesting. When the workload was balanced, we could do great things.

Cons

The top branch leadership didn't seem interested in the issues on my projects or in my personal workload. The culture seemed to promote managing the perception of corporate bosses rather than getting involved and actually directing the branch.

Advice to corporate management: honestly evaluate the branches with feedback from the employees. Put more emphasis on real leadership and interpersonal effectiveness when filling top branch positions.

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at ValleyCrest Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My peers within the branch worked hard and tried to support each other as a team

Cons

Branch management and upper management is a complete joke. They will lie, cheat, and cover up their mistakes by blaming account managers. There is absolutely no support at the AM level.

Does anyone from Corporate even know what is going on?? Stop managing from a spreadsheet and start looking at the reality of what is happening at the branch level. Stop to consider why branches can't keep an account manager for longer than a year.

There are newer employer reviews for ValleyCrest Companies