ValleyCrest Companies

www.valleycrest.com
  www.valleycrest.com
There are newer employer reviews for ValleyCrest Companies

Tough work, but every crew leader has to do it.

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Destin, FL
Current Employee - Crew Leader in Destin, FL

I have been working at ValleyCrest Companies

Pros

Good benefits package after the 90 day probationary period. Really good people at my branch unlike some other branches I have heard of i.e. some Atlanta offices. Resources are usually available if there is a great need for new equipment, though you will have to wait for a few weeks. If you can make it through the first couple of years as a crew leader and do well, you should move up. Having a Bachelor's really helps.

Cons

As in any busy landscape company, the summer is crazy. Account managers need to chill and remember that their crews are humans and not machines.

No complaints about this branch's management. I was too much of a peon to know much more than our little office world.

62 Other Employee Reviews for ValleyCrest Companies (View Most Recent)

Opportunity Lost

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at ValleyCrest Companies

Pros

ValleyCrest is a company that can provide the right person with a great deal of growth. There are employees who have been with the company for many years and create stability and experience for the company. The ValleyCrest name is recognized nationally and now internationally, and this always gave you immediate status when meeting potential clients and vendors.

Cons

The size and long-term employees can be a problem. ValleyCrest can be unresponsive and slow to act when urgency is needed, and this frustrates employees and clients/vendors alike. Many smaller companies refused to do business with ValleyCrest as they felt like they were being stepped on.
    This was also the attitude of clients who we were working for - many times clients complained that they felt unimportant. Trying to get upper management to understand this situation was frustrating as most were unwilling or unable to to break away from the lumbering bureaucracy that exists within the company.
    While the long-term employees provide stability, they have also created a 'boys-club' mentality where people will look out for one even if it means covering for an incompetent co-worker. There is very little cooperation between the various companies that make up ValleyCrest, and this lack of cooperation and downright tribalism hindered the smooth, seamless completion of projects that ValeeyCrest promises potential clients.

Work on fostering cooperation between the many entities that make up the company. Everyone is working for the good of the whole, not the individual.

Should have stayed a family owned company

Former Employee - Business Developer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Business Developer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at ValleyCrest Companies

Pros

A large, well-known national company with lots of selling opportunities and a good reputation. Great financial backing and capabilities. Able to accomlish the largest landscape projects.

Cons

Arrogant - even to its employees. No voice in any matters of policy. Too many edicts from the top. Too many policy changes.

You need to figure out how to keep your best people from leaving. People leave because they do not feel they are being treated right. Many of them now work for my present company.

There are newer employer reviews for ValleyCrest Companies