Valmont Industries

www.valmontcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Valmont Industries

Overwhelmed by the incompetence of management to train new employees effectively.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley, NE

I have been working at Valmont Industries

Pros

Valmont has relatively good benefits when compared with other companies it's same size.

Cons

Compared to other companies I have worked for, Valmont Industries surpasses all others in intimidating, coercing, and ragging on their employees in training instead of educating them as a training method. I was never in the military but have never before been ragged on, insulted and intimidated by any other employer the way I've been treated at Valmont. I took a two dollar cut in pay to work at Valmont then was reduced in pay two more dollars an hour before my 90 day probationary period was over because they were not satisfied with my progress.

Get some one with real management experience to be your supervisors.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Valmont Industries (View Most Recent)

Its not the best place to work.

Current Employee - Material Controller in Jasper, TN
    Current Employee - Material Controller in Jasper, TN

I have been working at Valmont Industries

Pros

You learn alot from other employees, its a very safe work environment, you get pretty good help,and the other employees are pretty decent.

Cons

You dont get acknowledged for anything you do, you dont get fair pay, and theres too much favoritism in the plant.

Try to be more fair about things, help when help is needed , dont pile on saturdays just because you dont have anything to do, and it wouldnt hurt to show a little acknowledgement every now and then.

It's a great place to work.

Former Employee - Administrative in Valley, NE
    Former Employee - Administrative in Valley, NE

I worked at Valmont Industries

Pros

The company culture is great and management is generally quite ethical. There's a real employees are family feeling. Excellent subsidized cafeteria at the Valley site.

Cons

The Valley site is pretty isolated, although not far from Omaha. There is a bit of a glass ceiling for women in management.

Preserve the culture that founder, Robert B. Daugherty, established and Valmont will remain a great place to work into the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Valmont Industries