There are newer employer reviews for Valmont Industries

Good for shop people - not so much for the average admin

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Easy to work around schedules. Easy going environment. Good benefit package and bonus. Pay was low when I compared to similar positions around Tulsa. Learned a lot in the beginning.

Cons

After a few years, hit a wall an there was no where to go. Had to make the decision to leave or stay in current position and not advance career.

Other Employee Reviews for Valmont Industries

Valmont was ok at first then turned bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, IN

Pros

Pay was good for the area. Alot of good people working on the floor, good safety policies and clean environment.

Cons

They started buying parts from china that were defective.missing welds, poor welds,etc. When quality assurance brought this to managements attention they were terminated. These parts were for cell phone towers with coutomers employees tied off to these parts hundreds of feet in the air.All in the name of profit. not very many people on the floor happy with valmont.

Advice to Management

need to a undercover boss type of thing to find out what employees really think.

2. Overwhelmed by the incompetence of management to train new employees effectively.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley, NE

Pros

Valmont has relatively good benefits when compared with other companies it's same size.

Cons

Compared to other companies I have worked for, Valmont Industries surpasses all others in intimidating, coercing, and ragging on their employees in training instead of educating them as a training method. I was never in the military but have never before been ragged on, insulted and intimidated by any other employer the way I've been treated at Valmont. I took a two dollar cut in pay to work at Valmont then was reduced in pay two more dollars an hour before my 90 day probationary period was over because they were not satisfied with my progress.

Advice to Management

Get some one with real management experience to be your supervisors.