There are newer employer reviews for Valmont Industries

Absolutely no opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, KS

I have been working at Valmont Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonable wages for small town

Cons

Management is totally out of touch. Total divide between those in management and those who do all of the work.

Advice to Management

Listen

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst Job Experience I've Ever Had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley, NE

I worked at Valmont Industries

Pros

A couple people were very nice. Compensation was not great, but acceptable. Benefits were okay, but vacation and personal time was below standard.

Cons

No training or training plan. Was shown a few things then turned over to a fellow employee who was obviously over-worked and over-stressed and who made it clear that training a new person was not on their agenda. The job shadowing portion of the training consisted of watching this person type really fast for four hours with their back turned toward me. I was made to feel like a burden every single day. Imagine trying to learn a new job and not having anyone to direct questions to without feeling like you were bothering them.

Then the over-worked employee vocalized their distress at not being able to handle their work load and deal with a new person asking questions all the time. So management immediately assumed I was at fault for not learning my job fast enough. All of this within the first eight weeks! Unbelievable, really.

The icing on the cake was when they decided to "lessen the load" of the over-worked employee. They had a veteran employee step in to train who was combative, disdainful, downright rude and completely incompetent and unprofessional. This person would become visibly upset and raise their voice when asked questions and look at me like I had just crawled out from under a rock. I've never been treated so poorly in a professional environment. Good riddance.

Advice to Management

Invest in a corporate trainer. Just because someone knows how to do their job well doesn't mean that they know how to train someone else.

2. Good for shop people - not so much for the average admin

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Valmont Industries

Pros

Easy to work around schedules. Easy going environment. Good benefit package and bonus. Pay was low when I compared to similar positions around Tulsa. Learned a lot in the beginning.

Cons

After a few years, hit a wall an there was no where to go. Had to make the decision to leave or stay in current position and not advance career.