There are newer employer reviews for Valmont Industries

Leaders Of Over Commiting and Under Acheiving...

Former Employee - Miracle Maker  in  Mansfield, TX
Former Employee - Miracle Maker in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Valmont Industries full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Its a job with benefits for short term until McDonalds calls.... Some of the people have a vast knowledge of the industry and are hard workers. Leaving that place!

Cons

Everything is always rushed without planning, Way too many meetings that accomplish absolutely nothing except wasting time. management expects miracles to happen without much guidence. No room for advancement unless you're in a relationship with someone in management. In my time of 9 years I saw at least 5 GM's and when they failed they were moved to a newly created position to justify their salary. I personally had 2 managers to report to that had no clue what I was talking about most of the time. Way too many chiefs and not enough indians. Had several employees with positions that were sensless and didnt have a point except to secure that person a job and waste space. Always iffy on the yearly bonus. Quality expected to be at a high level but bought products from intercompany facilities from Mexico and China that did not have to meet expectations and were passed off for being made in the US to deceive the customer. Monthly negative department status reports were falsely changed by management to hide their incompetancy. Yearly pay increases were never enough to cover the yearly insurance increases so every year I made less and less money than when I started there 9 years prior.

Pay attention to your employees for are loyal and screaming to be heard! Quit over commiting to reach customer goals to try and make the location shine and then ultimately failing in the end! Quit outsourcing everything and do it in house to pass on the savings to give bonuses to employees who matter. Fire dead weight!

31 Other Employee Reviews for Valmont Industries (View Most Recent)

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst III  in  Valley, NE
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst III in Valley, NE

I worked at Valmont Industries full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

To many managers of managers to get something done

Absolutely no opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Dorado, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, KS

I have been working at Valmont Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reasonable wages for small town

Cons

Management is totally out of touch. Total divide between those in management and those who do all of the work.

Listen

There are newer employer reviews for Valmont Industries

Worked for Valmont Industries? Contribute to the Community!