There are newer employer reviews for Valspar

Valspar is a demanding but rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Chemist I  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Chemist I in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Valspar

Pros

Unique opportunities to learn and grow professionally. It's a very fast paced atmosphere with new challenges almost daily. You are given a lot of rope to manage your projects, but are held accountable for delivering.

Cons

Typically work more than 40 hours per week, frequent weekend and holiday work as well. Requires about 20 to 25% travel. Very often travel is required with minimal notice. There does not seem to be any incentive (financial) for those who are willing to travel when asked (other than an occassional "thank you"). There is a disparity in the travel requirement, i.e. some folks refuse to travel.

I would appreciate it if those who are willing to travel are given more compensation.

132 Other Employee Reviews for Valspar (View Most Recent)

Valspar Garland

Current Employee - Quality Control Technician  in  Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Control Technician in Garland, TX

I have been working at Valspar

Pros

Close to home and don't use alot of gas to get there. I started out at the bottom and now work in the lab. This job gave me a good chance to move up and make a good jump with the positions that were available. Too bad the money jumped the same no matter where I moved up to. So basically, I was doing more important work and getting paid equally as those who started out the same time as me but where stuck as non-important people that could be easily replaced any day. Great people to work with, sometimes, but many of us from the same area moved on to find different areas to get better oppertunities.

Cons

People don't respect good hard work. People don't always respect you for your job well done. There is too many times when you are left all alone to do the job of two peole. It is the best way for Valspar to get free work out of you and they don't compensate you properly for that hard work. They simply up your workload or give you extra jobs that really belong to someone else that can't do them correctly.

To pay attention to the people that are left alone doing their job plus the next guy's job as well.

intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Valspar as an intern for less than a year

Pros

good rotation in the departments within from Research and develoment to quality control to the other departments

Cons

small company relative to bigger ones in singapore. not that its a bad thing.

so far no bad comment.

There are newer employer reviews for Valspar

Worked for Valspar? Contribute to the Community!