There are newer employer reviews for Valspar

Lots of opportunities, lots of responsibility.

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Valspar

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement. They run very lean so there is some job security since most management staff are doing multiple jobs. Fairly stable company. Lots of work so you are never bored.

Cons

Company runs very lean and the work load is overwhelming. If you are looking for a place where you can perform quality work, this is not the place. If you love to work on multiple things and get them just good enough to get by, then this is a great place to work. Not for the very detailed oriented.

If you are going to put people in levels that they aren't completely qualified for, you need to spend the time and money to develop them into that role.

134 Other Employee Reviews for Valspar (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Valspar

Pros

Big company and it pays pretty well for the area. The HR people are always available and will tell managers when they do something wrong.
    They give us good information about how the company and and plant are doing.

Cons

Corporate people come down and "help" us by giving us a bunch of work. But they don't give us the resources we need to get them done.
    There isn't enough continuity of the improvement programs. First it was Lean Thinking, 6S, then TPS, then Six Sigma. But one group would be working on one think and another working on something that would make the first group ineffective.
    The technical group in KC act like prima donnas, setting requirements that are impossible to meet on the equipment, then complain when the requirements aren't met.

Don't put people in the position of failing because they were given mutually exclusive objectives.

Valspar: Where change doesn't happen.

I worked at Valspar

Pros

Paint discounts, and product knowledge of customer.

Cons

Not very competitive in pay and are not flexible in accepting new ideas.

Tell the truth and do not lead people to believe one thing and then pull the rug out from under them.

There are newer employer reviews for Valspar

Worked for Valspar? Contribute to the Community!